Rare Diseases - Raising Awareness
Information here is to help raise awareness and support early and accurate diagnosis, ongoing support and care.
- There are between 5,000–8,000 known rare diseases.
- An early and accurate diagnosis can improve the patient’s quality of life as patients receive the required treatment and care for their disease.
- Rare Diseases are frequently chronic with many starting in childhood.
- Minimising diagnostic delays by improving genetic and rare disease recognition and appropriate specialist referrals can improve outcomes.
- Providing further information about a specific condition/s to health professionals
- Providing people living with genetic and rare conditions information about support services
- Providing links to resources.
If you would like any more information about our services or if you have any information that you believe will assist other Health Professionals that you would like us to put on our website, please email email@example.com
You are encouraged to provide our details to your patients to enable them to access support services following a diagnosis. A comprehensive directory of genetic and rare disease support groups and community support organisations in Western Australia can be found in our online directory or you can download a hardcopy.