Genetic Services of Western Australia
(GSWA) provides a multi-disciplinary state-wide diagnostic and counselling service in clinical genetics. Their offices are based at King Edward Memorial Hospital in Perth, but GSWA provides clinics at a number of Metropolitan and Regional sites for the Western Australian community to access. New patients to GSWA need a referral from a GP or specialist. GP’s can make a referral to the Familial Cancer Program if the family are considered at high risk.
The following links provide further details:
- Services provided by GSWA – Genetic Services of WA overview
- Referral guidelines for clinicians – outline tests required prior to referring a patient for genetic testing.
- Information for Health Professionals – A Guide for Health Professionals
- How to contact GSWA –http://www.kemh.health.wa.gov.au/services/genetics/contact.htm
- Genetic paediatric services – the Health Department of WA provides information for patients regarding genetic paediatric services on their website.
- PathWest testing – the PathWest Diagnostic Genomics Laboratory offers a range of tests that include genetic diagnostic testing, predictive testing, carrier screening, prenatal testing for high-risk pregnancies and genotyping to predict responses to, or side effects from drugs.
- Prenatal testing information including information for doctors – Harmony NIPT Testing Information