There are no fees payable to become a member of the Genetic and Rare Disease Network (GaRDN). Our services are free to member groups and individuals.
Applications may be made for membership of the GaRDN in the following categories:
- a not for profit non-government organisation which has as its core activity that of a Genetic Support Group, and which supports the objects of GaRDN may apply to be a Full Member
- a corporation, association or group which supports the objects of GaRDN may apply to be a Corporate Associate Member.
Objects of GaRDN
- to be a representative peak body in Western Australia for not for profit, non government genetic and rare disease support groups;
- to promote awareness of genetic and rare diseases in the wider community;
- to encourage and support effective and efficient management and service delivery practices within community based, not for profit genetic and rare disease support groups;
- to assist in the greater participation of consumers in policy, planning research and service delivery across the genetic and rare disease services field;
- to promote mentoring, leadership and co-operation between non-government and community organisations within the genetic and rare disease services field;
- to develop and contribute to policies of common concern to the non government genetic and rare disease support groups;
- to provide genetic and rare disease support information, resources and referral services for individuals and agencies;
- to promote research into all areas of genetic and rare diseases;
- to participate and co-operate with relevant national and international bodies.
Apply to be a member
If you or your group would like to become a member of GaRDN, please complete the Membership Application Form and return it to us.